Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) Credential-Holder Awards recognize individuals in five categories:
- Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) of the Year
- Credential-Holder of the Year
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) of the Year
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) of the Year
- Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) of the Year
- All NAAEI credential-holder award nominees must be NAAEI credential holders in good standing (designation renewal dues must be paid and continuing education credits submitted), and have held an NAAEI credential for at least one year.
- Credential-holders must meet these qualifications as of March 16, 2018.
- Any qualified NAAEI credential-holder may submit an application.
- Credential-holders nominated in previous years that did not win an award may submit their nomination again.
- Previous award winners are not eligible for consideration again for the same award.
- CAMT of the Year nominees must be onsite maintenance professionals. Maintenance supervisors who oversee maintenance at numerous apartment communities are not eligible for the CAMT of the Year award but are eligible for the Credential-Holder of the Year award.
- Credential-Holder of the Year nominees may work at multiple apartment communities or as regional or corporate employees.
- NALP of the Year nominees must be onsite leasing professionals or Assistant Managers who have spent at least 80% of their time over the last 12 months performing leasing and marketing activities.
- CAM of the Year nominees must be apartment community managers. If the nominee’s job description is to manage more than one community, he or she is eligible as long as he or she is the sole manager at those communities and not a property or portfolio supervisor. Property or portfolio supervisors are eligible for the Designate of the Year award.
In addition to basic contact information, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Summary NAA affiliated association & local community involvement
- Professional accomplishments
- Nominee's statement
NAAEI will verify the information in the nomination by submitting it to the local affiliated apartment association and the nominee’s supervisor for review. Nominees are responsible for submitting up-to-date supervisor information in the nomination. Members of the NAAEI Board of Directors judge submissions and select winners.
Winners will receive: Travel, lodging and registration expenses to attend the 2018 Apartmentalize conference in San Diego; special recognition during Apartmentalize; and recognition in an issue of units Magazine.