Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
EXCELLENCE IN DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The National Apartment Association (NAA) is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the rental housing industry, the Diversity & Inclusion Award recognizes companies that share NAA's commitment.
The Diversity & Inclusion Award honors NAA member companies that are champions in advancing diversity and inclusiveness within their organization. This award seeks to raise awareness around the initiatives, policies and practices of organizations that embrace diversity and inclusion across the multifamily industry. Applications may cover one, some, or all aspects of diversity including but not limited to: age, ability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, race, and religion.
The winning organization must be a member of NAA in good standing and will need to describe how their organization has committed to advancing diversity and inclusion efforts and expanded opportunities for employees within their organization. Applicants will also need to to demonstrate what the organization did to engage leadership to commit to this effort. Preview the Diversity & Inclusion Award application questions here.
APPLICATION FIELD REQUIREMENTS
- Organizations Diversity & Inclusion Mission/Vision Statement
- Diversity & Inclusion Training for Management and Leadership
- Recruitment, Retention, and Promotion Rates for Diverse Demographics
- Infrastructure of How Diversity & Inclusion Efforts Will Sustain
- Specific Examples of the Organizations Commitment to Advancing Diversity
- Samples of Diversity & Inclusion Materials
WHAT THE JUDGES ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Demonstrated Measurable Achievements in Moving the Organization Toward Being a Diverse and Inclusive Operation.
- Demonstrated Emerging or Sustained Commitment to the Values of Diversity, Inclusion, and Multiculturalism by Documented Efforts within their Company and/or the Community.
- Displayed Evidence of Substantial Efforts to Promote a Business Environment that is Free from Bias and Discrimination.
Applicants will be charged $275 per entry for the Diversity & Inclusion Award. Applicants are required to pay online at the end of submission process, and by credit card only.
**We recommend using the Google Chrome browser to submit your Excellence Award Application.