Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The Independent Rental Owners Award represents NAA’s commitment to the independent rental owner and their importance to the rental housing industry. The recipient is a single individual who is the owner. Company or team submissions will not be accepted.
- Individuals for this award must be a member of and nominated by their local apartment association. If the independent rental owner member is a direct member of NAA, then the individual member can submit their entry directly to NAA.
- The award falls into two categories, based on the total nubmer of units nominees own: 250 units or less and more than 250 units.
- Must be a member in good standing of your local association.
- Past winners are NOT eligible for consideration again for 5 years.
In addition to basic contact and property information, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Local affiliate committee involvement
- Local community involvement
- Nominee's statement
- Description of property
- Trailing 12-month operating statement
- Documented record of occupancy
- Outline summary of development/rehab and/or reposition
- Before & after photos (recommended)
Submissions will be judged on the basis of:
- Demonstrated ability to develop a profitable rental property business (overall financial performance)
- Demonstrated service to residents (ongoing property maintenance; preventative maintenance; customer service)
- Demonstrated service to local apartment association (local association and committee involvement)
- Demonstrated service to local community (community involvement)
- Nominee’s Statement