Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The Independent Rental Owners Award represents NAA’s commitment to the independent rental owner and their importance to the rental housing industry.
- Individuals for this award must be nominated by their local apartment association. If the independent rental owner member is a direct member of NAA, then the individual member can submit their entry directly to NAA.
- The award falls into two categories, based on the number of units nominees own: 100 units or less and 101-500 units.
- Must be a member in good standing.
In addition to basic contact and property information, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Local affiliate committee involvement
- Local community involvement
- Nominee's statement
- Description of property
- Trailing 12-month operating statement
- Documented record of occupancy
- Outline summary of development/rehab and/or reposition
- Before & after photos (recommended)
Submissions will be judged on the basis of:
- Demonstrated ability to develop a profitable rental property business (overall financial performance)
- Demonstrated service to residents (ongoing property maintenance; preventative maintenance; customer service)
- Demonstrated service to local apartment association (local association and committee involvement)
- Demonstrated service to local community (community involvement)
- Nominee’s Statement