Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
EXCELLENCE IN RENTING AS AN INDEPENDENT OWNER
The Independent Rental Owner of the Year Award represents NAA’s commitment to the independent rental owner and their importance to the rental housing industry. The recipient is a single individual who is the owner. Company or team submissions will not be accepted. Independent Rental Owners (IROs) are judged on items such as demonstrated ability to develop a profitable rental property business, service to residents and the local community. IROs must be nominated by their local apartment association to complete the application. If the independent rental owner member is a direct member of NAA, then the individual member can submit their entry directly to NAA. Past winners are NOT eligible for consideration again for 5 years. Preview the Independent Rental Owner of the Year Award application questions here.
APPLICATION FIELD REQUIREMENTS
- Local Affiliate Committee Involvement
- Local Community Involvement
- Nominee's Statement
- Description of Communities
- Trailing 12-Month Operating Statement (Profit & Loss)
- Documented Record of Occupancy
- Outline Summary of Development/Rehab and/or Reposition
- Before & after photos (recommended)
WHAT THE JUDGES ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Demonstrated Ability to Develop a Profitable Rental Property Business (Overall Financial Performance)
- Demonstrated Service to Residents (Ongoing Property Maintenance; Preventative Maintenance; Customer Service)
- Demonstrated Service to Local Apartment Association (Local Association and Committee Involvement)
- Demonstrated Service to Local Community (Community Involvement)
- Nominee’s Statement
There is no fee associated with the Individual Achievement Award categories.
**We recommend using the Google Chrome browser to submit your Excellence Award Application.