Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
EXCELLENCE IN SUSTAINABLE LIVING INNOVATION
The Sustainable Living Innovation Award recognizes unique and innovative environmental and social sustainability practices at an apartment community. All submissions that receive a rating of 10-15 will receive a Silver Award. Those with a rating of 15-20 will receive a Gold Award. Awards will be reviewed narrowed down to three finalists, based on the content of the entry’s application form, by judges comprised of industry peers and experts from NAA's Technology Committee. The overall best Score will be our Platinum Winner and will receive an invitation to attend the Excel Awards Ceremony at Apartmentalize. All award winners will be recognized on the NAA website. Preview the Sustainable Living Innovation Award application questions here.
APPLICATION FIELD REQUIREMENTS
- Community Description
- Description of Community's Utilization of Innovative, Sustainable Practices in Energy, Water, Waste, Sustainable Lifestyles and Social Impact
- Description of Environmental Impacts that have been Achieved from your Practice
- Description of How this Innovation Improved the Community's Bottom-Line. Provide Estimate of Cost Implementation and Resulting Savings
- Societal Impacts Achieved from this Innovation
- Quantitative Metrics Used to Measure Success
- Description of how these Efforts or Impacts Engage Community Members within the Apartment Community and Beyond
- Description of any Formal Programs your Community is Involved in or Certifications it has Received, such as Better Buildings, Energy Star Partner of the Year, FitWell, LEED, etc.
WHAT THE JUDGES ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Community Impact
- Comprehensive Experience
- Increased Operational Efficiencies/Return on Investment
Applicants will be charged $275 per entry for the Sustainable Living Innovation Award. Applicants are required to pay online at the end of submission process, and by credit card only.