Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The Builders, Owners & Developers Community Awards represent the very best in the apartment housing industry. These awards recognize excellence in a range of rental property styles, sizes and ages. Service is a very important component of these awards; service to the resident and service to the community. Financial performance will also be considered.
The Community Awards fall into four areas: New (1-5 Years), 5-20 Years, 20+ Years, and Specialty (Student, Military and Affordable). Within each of those four areas, submissions are divided by community size: Small (Up to 150 Units) and Large (More Than 150 Units). Each submission must identify the appropriate style, age and size.
If the judges determine that no submission within a category exemplifies the best in the apartment housing industry, no award will be given. The categories allow all rental properties to be eligible for submission.
The community must be a member of NAA in good standing to be eligbile for an Excels award. Membership is based on the location of the community, and is be obtained by the local association. Visit www.naahq.org/join.
NAA Excellence Awards winners are NOT eligible for consideration again for the same entry/project for 5 years.
Applicants will be charged $200 per entry for all Builders, Owners & Developers Community Awards. Applicants are required to pay online at the end of submission process, and by credit card only.
Please be prepared to submit the following, in addition to basic contact information:
- Description of community
- Timeline of development OR rehab of community
- Property photographs
- Samples of community marketing materials
- Site plans
- Complete amenity package with details
- Financial data
Submissions may include supporting information that will assist the judges in evaluation of the community. Items might include:
- Market area survey
- If renovation, before and after pictures
- Comprehensive emergency plan
- Resident surveys or testimonials
- Occupancy and turnover ratio for market and property over a one-year period
- Information on other awards received
- Virtual tours or website
- Training of onsite personnel
- Evidence of environmental awareness
- Operating costs, maintenance schedules
- Functional use of space, adherence to codes, special accessibility features
- Positive effects of community on surrounding neighborhood
- Appropriateness of community design to region
- Community involvement by residents or management
Submissions will be judged on the basis of:
- Demonstrated service to resident
- Floor layouts, interior and exterior structure
- Customer service
- Maintenance of property
- Appropriate to locale
- Demonstrated service to community
- Environmental awareness
- Occupancy rate/retention
- Community involvement
- Financial performance against market area